Google
 
Web This Blog

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Gov. Ann Richards passes at 73







I was so saddened last night as I saw this on the breaking news header on CNN. I admired Ann Richards for her no-nonsense approach to goverment, politics and George Bush! When she became Governor of Texas, my uncle, who is a stinkin' republican, was so pissy about it! He was the President of a Bank in Texas, and my mother sent him a huge bouquet of balloons, and the card was "Thanks for the Support! Love, Gov. Richards".
May Gov. Richards rest peacefully.

I love this quote from Gov. Richards at the 88 Democratic convention:
(on women in goverment)
"But, if you give us a chance, we can perform.
After all, Ginger Rogers did everything that Fred Astaire did. She just did it backwards and in high heels. "

1 Comments:

At Sunday, September 17, 2006 9:21:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I absolutely adored her, too. What a beautiful, tough, SMART, savvy woman. I was really saddened to see she died.

Thanks for the cool pic!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home