Google
 
Web This Blog

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

The Christian Right has gone nutty as a fruitcake.....

Okay, I spent almost every Sunday from conception in a pew in a Southern Baptist Church. I was baptised in my pool at the age of 10 cause our church held a huge Southern Style Baptism in our back yard. As of late, I have been re-thinking my faith. I came across this and realized why.........
Religious broadcaster Pat Robertson suggested on-air that American operatives assassinate Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez to stop his country from becoming "a launching pad for communist infiltration and Muslim extremism.""We have the ability to take him out, and I think the time has come that we exercise that ability," Robertson said Monday on the Christian Broadcast Network's "The 700 Club.""We don't need another $200 billion war to get rid of one, you know, strong-arm dictator," he continued. "It's a whole lot easier to have some of the covert operatives do the job and then get it over with."Chavez has emerged as one of the most outspoken critics of President Bush, accusing the United States of conspiring to topple his government and possibly backing plots to assassinate him. U.S. officials have called the accusations ridiculous."You know, I don't know about this doctrine of assassination, but if he thinks we're trying to assassinate him, I think that we really ought to go ahead and do it," Robertson said. "It's a whole lot cheaper than starting a war ... and I don't think any oil shipments will stop."

This statement, plus the whole Justice Sunday and Justice Sunday II Nerds in Paradise, and his statements about hoping there are "more openings on the Supreme Court" have me pondering what type of CHRISTIANITY this nut job is promoting...it is not the kind I grew up with. God Is Love.
Yet again, one reason why the Right is Wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home