Google
 
Web This Blog

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Staging News is Nothing New for The Shrub.

Frank Rich, writing in the February 20, 2005, New York Times article "The White House Stages Its 'Daily Show'," says that:

"By my count, 'Jeff Gannon' is now at least the sixth 'journalist' (four of whom have been unmasked so far this year) to have been a propagandist on the payroll of either the Bush administration or a barely arms-length ally like Talon News while simultaneously appearing in print or broadcast forums that purport to be real news. Of these six, two have been syndicated newspaper columnists paid by the Department of Health and Human Services to promote the administration's 'marriage' initiatives. The other four have played real newsmen on TV. Before Mr. Guckert and Armstrong Williams, the talking head paid $240,000 by the Department of Education, there were Karen Ryan and Alberto Garcia. Let us not forget these pioneers - the Woodward and Bernstein of fake news. They starred in bogus reports ('In Washington, I'm Karen Ryan reporting,' went the script) pretending to 'sort through the details' of the administration's Medicare prescription-drug plan in 2004. Such 'reports', some of which found their way into news packages distributed to local stations by CNN, appeared in more than 50 news broadcasts around the country and have now been deemed illegal 'covert propaganda' by the Government Accountability Office."

This is one thing Bush does (or is it Rove?) best. Remember the "town hall meetings"? It doesn't get more scripted than that.."oh, Mr. Bush you are the best president ever...what can I, a simple housewife from Powdunk Nowhere do to get your re-elected? Can we change the Constitution so you can be King, and possibly add your miracles to the Bible???" Blah Blah Blah!

But, I don't blame The Shrub or his crony administration. I blame the media for allowing them to pull the wool over our eyes for almost 6 years!! The Gannon/Guckert thing was the worst!! There was more sex in the White House while Jimmy/Jeff was there than there was when Monica was serving Clinton...i mean serving in the Clinton Administration. (and it was full on gay sex...how did this get so over-looked?KARL!!!!! Im sorry, but look at Karl Rove, if he isn't gay, I don't know what is.)

I don't blame the Administration for not letting The Shrub go out there unscripted either. (Go a few posts down, watch the video and you will understand).

{peace}

15 Comments:

At Saturday, October 15, 2005 11:37:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you really write this shit? Keep up the good work, you're making conservative bloggers look good. You're not much of a writer, you lack ~flow~ and a thought process might be nice too. "The Shrub"? And you idiots wonder why you're so hated and get made fun of? Even when President Clinton was getting his knob polished he was referred to as Mr. President. "The Shrub" further shows your ignorance and the true intolerance of liberals.

 
At Saturday, October 15, 2005 12:08:00 PM, Blogger Shelly said...

Actually, Anony, Clinton was referred to as everything BUT Mr. President...Slick Willie come to mind???
If you are going to insult someone, like you tried to do, why not include your name?
I never said I was a writer and frankly I'm impressed my comments insue so much rage from the Right.
Come back when you grow a pair and can leave your name.

 
At Saturday, October 15, 2005 1:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you don't want anonymous posts, turn it off you dumbass. If ignorance is bliss, you are nearly orgasmic.

 
At Saturday, October 15, 2005 2:41:00 PM, Blogger Shelly said...

I don't mind anonymous posts at all. I turned it off for a while, but people wanted to post to my blog without having to register.
When I insult Right-winged pricks like yourself, I let them know who I am. I don't hide. You can post on here all you want, but if you start to get out of control you will be deleted.
You can say what you want about me, my politics, my writing...I don't give a shit.
I didn't realize I was being graded. Especially from a fucker like you.
Peace

 
At Saturday, October 15, 2005 2:52:00 PM, Blogger Grandpa Eddie said...

Gee, I remember the repubs calling Clinton everything except Mr. President. I even remember one repub congressman calling for his assassination.

The shoe must fit rather strange when it's on the other foot.

 
At Saturday, October 15, 2005 2:57:00 PM, Blogger Shelly said...

It is an insult to call President Bush a shrub...to the shrub. And to the shrubs out there, my sincerest appologies.

I mean, all this (P)resident is good for is turning oxygen into carbon dioxide, thus beneficial for the shrubs.

 
At Saturday, October 15, 2005 3:01:00 PM, Blogger Shelly said...

getting his "knob polished"? What are you twelve? Can you not say getting a "blow job"? Cause that is what it was apparently. A blow job. The coveted sex act that EVERY MAN has either engaged in, or would like to engage in. In your case, I am sure the latter applies.
I am sure you have done plenty of "knob polishing" in the past, dancing with doors and all. Put down your copy of Nickelodeon Magazine and go play.

 
At Saturday, October 15, 2005 4:44:00 PM, Blogger Google HiJacked My Site said...

The Left Is Right and Other Observations? I keep waiting for the "other" to show itself.

 
At Sunday, October 16, 2005 7:14:00 AM, Blogger Google HiJacked My Site said...

Shelly, I don't post anything that doesn't have my face attached to it. I have no problem getting in anybody's face and articulating my position. I don't post anonymously.

I would appreciate it you would not spread your paranoia about me around the blogosphere.

Especially to that delusional leftist witch, Helen Wheels Off.

 
At Sunday, October 16, 2005 9:34:00 AM, Blogger Grandpa Eddie said...

Shelly,
Don't believe the chimpanzee when he tells you that he doesn't post anonymously, because he does.
He has done it previously at my blog.

Just another right wing-nut that wants to hide behind "anonymous" so he can spew vulgarity, and then condemn those who do the same openly with their names.

 
At Sunday, October 16, 2005 3:32:00 PM, Blogger Google HiJacked My Site said...

Grandpa Munster is the sniveling coward who won't allow open postings. He blocks any speech that doesn't agree with his diseased liberal mind. So who's the liar, Munster? Open your site to debate or are you afraid visitors will see you for the fool you are? As far vulgarity, you are what you eat.

EH has always been W I D E O P E N and it always will be. I'm not afraid your silly postings. I welcome debate. But knuckle-up, I fight back and I won't tolerate posters who can't back up what they say. You'd better come prepared with mainstream facts, don't depend on partisan hack sites for backup.

The only caveat; the speech is free, but it must be respectful & PG; unlike the most of the postings I see coming from the left. At EH we respect each other or you move along.

Kudos to Shelly for at least tolerating debate.

 
At Monday, October 17, 2005 10:33:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

If only Anonymouse knew how much people make fun of the likes of him/her! Physician, heal thyself, already!

I think The Shrub is one of the better nicknames, along with Junior Beady-eye, Creep O’ The Hill, Lil’ Pest, PuppetBoy, The Vacuous One, Ol’ Deer-In-The-Headlights, The Great Blunderer, “Bushy”, Cheney’s Bitch, Boo Radley, J. Fred Muggs, ‘Lenny’

 
At Monday, October 17, 2005 10:36:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Also, Shelly, did you ever notice that rightwingers seem to sneak sex into everything? I think it's because they are repressed and obsessed. Like Dobson, mentioning "daddy-daughter" or "donkey-man" marriage. Who thinks this shit up?? My mind certainly doesn't go where Bill "Falafel" O'Reilly and Dobson go!

And here your cowardly anon commenter can't resist using the word "orgasmic." Hmmmm...seems like more of the same trend.

 
At Tuesday, October 18, 2005 7:41:00 AM, Blogger Shelly said...

It was VERY scripted EH. If you actually view the rehearsal that was "caught", you will see the representative from the DOD going thru their questions and answers. Even the "impromptu" comments that Bush made about the female officer being in NYC was scripted out. The DOD official went over what he was going to say to her and what she should say to him.
That is how much we trust our president and our troops. There was about a 4-7 second delay, so if anything had gone haywire, they could have pulled the plug before the public knew, so don't come on with that kind of arguement.

 
At Tuesday, February 06, 2007 12:23:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. Zithromax heart palpatations side effects Sofa beds cheap uk Couch cover slip sofa Hugo boss aftershave Wedding invitations savvi http://www.interior-design-living-picture-room.info/Latex-mattress-sealy.html hill rom mattress Tri state commercial interior designer Diarrhea blood pressure Blue card health insurance district of columbia dialup services Mothers day fragrance Gibson's furniture + andrews north carolina Exercise after breast cancer surgery ati video card problem

 

Post a Comment

<< Home