Google
 
Web This Blog

Monday, November 28, 2005

Happy Monday libbies...

Did you all have great holiday weekend? I did, only I didn't watch any news, had nothing to blog on and had to catch up. I hate it when that happens.
My horoscope sucks today, so I won't blog that.
So, I thought I would blog a recipe.....("has she gone nuts?" you say...)

Cornbread Salad
(I am not getting REALLY specific, cause I don't know the specifics like amounts, etc. Just throw it all together.)
Cornbread (maybe 2 boxes of Jiffy Cornbread mix) cooled, crumbled.
Corn (I use only frozen corn cause less sodium, so 1 bag or 2 cans)
Pinto Beans (equal to the corn)
1 bell pepper (chopped small)
1 red pepper (chopped small)
about 3-4 chopped tomatos
Green Onions (chopped small)
2 packages of Ranch Dressing mix
1 large sour cream
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Chop up everything and seperate in different bowls. Mix sour cream and ranch mix (or you can use the Veggie Dip mix)
Layer:1/3 at a time
Cornbread
Corn/beans
Chopped veggies
Sour cream/ranch dressing mix
Cheese
Cover, let sit in the fridge for a while before serving. Like even up to 24 hours. The longer it just sits in the fridge (up to 3 days) the better it is.
Makes a ton. But is good, and pretty good for you.
peace