Google
 
Web This Blog

Friday, January 27, 2006

Liberal a bad word....

I went to a church last night that I really like. (Thurs. services) But, while I was being inspired, the Pastor lumped homosexuality, sin, and liberalism together. I didn't like that at all. It completely stopped my train of thought and turned me defensive.
When did wanting fair treatment, health care for those who can't afford it, peace, environmental protections for God's Earth, the stop of human suffering like hunger and poverty, accountability from our lawmakers, protection of our rights (seems like the only Rights the Right care about is the 2nd amendment), and allowing people the freedoms guaranteed by our Constitution, become as hated by the Conservative movement as homosexuality and un-Godliness?
I am not afraid of the Conservative movement. In fact, I welcome some of their closed-minded theories. It is funny in a way how blocked off from reality some of them really are. I am not going to let them stop me from attending services that demean my political choices. I am not going to let them label me a sinner just cause I am a Liberal.
I am a sinner cause that is what I am, and according to the bible, so are they....it didn't mention anything about your politics. I am sure Jesus didn't ask the two theives next to him on the cross how they voted in the last election....
Peace.......

2 Comments:

At Saturday, January 28, 2006 6:47:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee, what's it like to be the smartest person in the room? Kumbyah.

 
At Sunday, January 29, 2006 6:21:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This is why I'm an agnostic. Religion is unfortunately mostly there to keep the masses stupid and bigoted.

Sorry you had to experience that. But all major religions are patriarchal and hate the gays. Sick, really.

Who would jesus hate?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home