Google
 
Web This Blog

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Bush's Foreign Policy

It has occurred to me that Bush's foreign policy was plucked right from a Dixie Chick's song...
"Praise the Lord, and pass the ammunition."

I think that Bob Schieffer summed it up pretty good this morning with a little ditty.
"A frog and a scorpion are trying to get somewhere by crossing a pond. The scorpion knows the way and the frog agrees to carry him on his back.
When they get to the middle of the pond the scorpion stings the frog on the back. While they are both sinking in the water, the frog with his dying breath says "why did you do that" and the scorpion answers "because this is the middle east"."
It makes sense when you calculate that NOTHING in the middle east makes sense.
It is scary when you can't get a clear concise answer from our government on how we are going to get Americans out, when Europeans have already left. Our Secretary of State still is clamoring on Iran and is paying attention to the "violence" with and "hour by hour" update.
Violence? This is more than violence. This is all out hell and our Middle East policies have fueled it.
God forgive these arrogant sycophants that no not what they do.

4 Comments:

At Sunday, July 16, 2006 10:33:00 PM, Blogger Snave said...

I think "American Theocracy" by Kevin Phillips is a great read. Phillips has a history of moderate conservatism, but he sheds all kinds of light on why American may fail as a world power, due in large parts to running up a huge deficit, tying our wagon to the suspect horse of fossil fuels, and the ways in which our administration is allowing fundamentalist Christianity to creep into all areas of government, including the decision-making processes for what we do on the international scene. Phillips supports his theories about what's happening, with data and with reasonable arguments.

After reading his book, I feel like even though I am a Democrat (moderate on some issues, quite left on others), I wouldn't feel so bad about the White House if it was occupied by a REAL conservative, and not by a megalomaniacal fundamentalist neoconservative.

Some people who believe as Bush believes actually WANT to see the Middle East go up like a tinderbox. They want to hasten what they believe would be the fulfillment of their interpretation of prophecies from Revelation, thus hastening their rapture and the second coming of Jesus Christ. I think this is a sad state of affairs if it is even anywhere close to the truth, but I fear it is.. and that the Iraq war is not only about oil, but also about the continuation of religious conflicts that have been going on for centuries. When Bush let the word "crusade" slip out during one of his "Bushism" moments a couple of years ago, I think it was more of a Freudian slip than anything, because I believe hw IS on a kind of warped Christian crusade.

This is why I get bummed when I see things escalate in that part of the world... because I think Bush would welcome the conflict, and that he would choose to lead American down the path that would allow the conflict to continue rather than to resolve.

I am usually not this "gloomy tunes", but thinking about Bush puts me in that mindset. Next time I comment on your blog I will say something positive, just you wait and see! Heh!

 
At Sunday, July 16, 2006 10:52:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

NO..god should not forgive them..he needs to smite the living fuck out of these assholes..they are like nero who fiddled whilst rome burned..

 
At Monday, July 17, 2006 1:02:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

The middle east has always been conflicted and much like today, from what I've read from historians. However, American policy and lack of diplomacy (or, "cowboy diplomacy") have definitely added fuel to the flames.

I agree with Snave. America can't stay a world power if it keeps squandering its riches and making idiotic choices. Well, having idiotic choices made FOR it via the shrubco machine.

Ugh. At least today it sounded like Israel stepped up to the plate w/a cease fire. Let's cross our fingers!

 
At Tuesday, July 18, 2006 9:41:00 AM, Blogger nelitac said...

You read waaaaaaaaayyyyyy TOO MUCH inro my comment. Basically it was tongue in cheek referring to my last site when you gave me a hard time whenever I said anything about praying or religion. I was not implying that you aren't a Christian or that you don't have Christ in your heart, merely that you & I do have different viewpoints as evidenced by your comment. I am sorry if I offended or hurted you in any way, and I hope you accept my apology....if you don't, I guess YOU don't know my heart.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home