Google
 
Web This Blog

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Global Warming is a Hoax

Or at least it SEEMS to be in Oklahoma.
Today it was 102 in Tulsa. I had just gotten in from a dip in the pool, changed into some dry clothes, sat on my couch with a nice cold drink with the A/C running at about 74.
I was watching Channel 6 in Tulsa (www.kotv.com) when they ran this CNN story titled "Hilarious Heat Wave". How offensive I thought that was to all these people who are actually suffering from the effects of this crazy heat.
People are dying. There is nothing funny about this heat.
I phoned the station to express my disgust and the man on the other end, who called himself the Assignments Manager, said that he didn't think there was anything wrong with it. I mentioned the people who are really suffering would probably disagree with him. I mentioned the 'Cooling Stations' around town shutting down. He said his tax dollar should not go to help the homeless. I had a hint he was a Republican after that comment. I then said, "I guess you don't believe in Global Warming either." After he laughed and said "no", he said that the Meteorologist at Channel 6 doesn't believe in Global Warming either.
I was shocked at that.
He went on to say that there is "no credible evidence global warming exisits" It was then I knew he was reading from the Republican Talking Points.
I mentioned that there WAS credible evidence supporting the existance of global warming and that professors at the University of Oklahoma, one of the nations top Meteorology schools agreed with me. He assured me they did not.
Well, David Karoly, a Meteorologist Professor at the University of Oklahoma, spoke resently about Global Warming.
"Karoly said the signs of global warming are not just noticeable to scientists who study its effects as he does. He said global warming causes blooming season to start earlier and birds to nest earlier in the year.“Flowers bloom earlier, snow melts earlier,” Karoly said. “There are many impacts showing around the world.”From his research, Karoly said humans’ impact on the environment has caused larger amounts of greenhouse gases, such as carbon dioxide, to be released into the atmosphere.“Greenhouse gases act like a blanket and reflect the sun’s heat back at the surface,” Karoly said."
I have contacted the station's general manager and some of the meteorologists via email and I will get back to you with their responses.

When will science be science and not politics? When will it be acceptable to rely on real scientific study? When will people stop looking to their politics and start paying attention to the scientists and people who study things like Global Warming, Disease and poverty?
It was evident this week when the FDA admitted that policy, not science, made the rubber stamp decision for the Plan B pill.
Enough already......

1 Comments:

At Sunday, August 06, 2006 11:46:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Whoa! You go girl..kick some ass and take some names..

This is in Tulsa?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home